My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Love You Daddy

Firstly I would love to say a great big thank you to all my wonderful followers I really do appreciate all of your fantastic comments they make me feel very lucky and special.

On to this card I love this image because it reminds me of my daughter when she was younger, my husband used to work away from home all week and she would grab hold of his leg on his arrival home and not let go in case he left again she really is a daddy's girl.

Card Recipe
Card Blank - 15cm x 15cm.
Mo Manning Digital Image - Love You Daddy.
DCWV Design Paper - Citrus Stack.
Tim Holtz  Decorative Strip Die - Carnivale.
Embellishments from stash.
This image was coloured in using Copic markers.
Hints and Tips
I chose to cut the lettering out of black card this makes it stand out more.  Just because it is a card for a man doesn't mean it has to be in dull colours.  When colouring your image in think of the person the card is going to. This card is going to my husband from my daughter so I have coloured the clothing in to match what he usually wears.

This card was entered into the following challenges:
Cards For Men: Challenge 12 Father's Day.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: Challenge #125 Father's Day.

Love Linda xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love your card and the colours!
    Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Linda and what a lovely image its so perfect for fathers day:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda its Judith here from Fab'n'Funky challenges - sorry the linky was missing - we've been having a change of linky and it went a bit haywire! I can't link your card because i don't have your email -we know its there for the judging but if you want it to appear in the links can you just pop back over and add it again - sorry! Fab card by the way - love the image and the colours are gorgeous hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, the image is fab and fantastic colouring! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image melts my heart. Love the colors, bright and cheery! So glad you joined us for our Father's Day Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda