My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Friday, 20 April 2012

James Bear Wrapped In Tinsel

The challenge for this week at Winter Wonderland is hosted by Miria.  The theme for this week is Buttons and Bows.  So we would like to see your project with buttons and bows on it.  Please remember Christmas projects only.


We are sponsored by Lili Of The Valley.

The prize is a £10 voucher for their store.



Here is my Card.
Card Recipe
Card Blank - 10.5cm x 15cm.
Lili Of The Valley Stamp - James Bear Wrapped In Tinsel.
Martha Stewart Design Paper - Seasonal Pad.
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die - Reverse Wonky Rectangle.
Embellishments from own stash.
This image was coloured in using Copic markers.
Hints and Tips
I decided James should be a white bear to make him more festive so I just used shades of grey to add shadow to his fur.  Instead of using fine glitter for the tinsel I used a long shredded one.

This card was entered into the following challenges:
Moving Along With The Times: Merry Christmas.
Stampin' For The Weekend: Challenge 8 Sparkle and Shine.
Totally Paper Crafts: All Buttoned Up.

Love Linda xxx

12 comments:

  1. Real cute card, love James left B&W looks great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so cute , and i love that sparkly tinsel...
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Christmas Card Linda, I so love James he is a real sweetie. I love the fact that you made him a white bear :)
    Thanks for playing along with MAWTT
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Linda - James is one of my favourite bears! Thanks for playing along with MAWTT this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the red and green.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is fabby! I love the tinsel you have used and I do like bear white, he is more festive that way too I think :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Moving Along With the times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the image and fabulous tinsel, and love how you have presented him
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tinsel!!! This is such a clever idea. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smashing card Linda, love how you've used that textured glitter for the tinsel. Good luck in the challenges. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, This is stunning l just love the image and wow thats great tinsel!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute card Linda...such a sweet image.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and idea
    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week
    - Good Luck
    Sarah (stressedstamper)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda