My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Monday, 3 October 2011

Pink Frosting

First of all I'd like to say Thank you to all the lovely people I met this weekend while at the Sincerely Yours Paper Craft show in Leigh while I was demonstrating for Nutcrafters.  Also I'd like to mention the Nutcrafter girls and myself will be at the Happy Stampers Northwest, Port Sunlight on Saturday 8th October.  We would love it if you stopped by for a chat.  Here is a sample of what you can see at the show this is a scrapling baggy.




I discovered this idea on the Split Coast Stampers site, it lead me to this blog My Creative Place, Paola has some fantastic paper crafting ideas.

A scrapling is the left over piece from a square card. I use a piece of A4 white hammered card score it down the middle, then cut to a measurement of 14.5cm square. The left over piece is your scrapling.

Your scrapling should measure 6.5cm x 29.6cm, when folded it will measure 6.5cm x 14.8cm.

Open the scrapling out and on the top edge punch a decorative edge. I used a Martha Stewart border punch Scallop Dot.

Using your score board, (I used an Eazi Score Board) line up the folded edge of your scrapling to the edge of your board and score a line on the Box 1 line this is 2cms wide, flip the scrapling over and score again on the Box 1 line.

Turn you scrapling around to the punched edge and score a line on the Box 2 line this is 2.5cm wide, flip the scrapling over and score again on the Box 1 line.

Trim away the scored line on the unpunched side of the scrapling.

You are now ready to decorate your scrapling.

To decorate the front I have used a piece of card measuring 9.5cm x 6cm.

The design paper measures 9cm x 5.5cm. I have used a Doodlebug Designs Inc paper.

The cellophane bag measures 11cm x 6cm. You can use any bags just cut them down to size.

Fill you bag with goodies, place inside your scrappling, fold down the top and staple together. Then add your stamped image I have used the Nutcrafters Pink Frosting stamp set.

Here are some more examples.







All these stamps can be found at the Nutcrafters shop.


This scrapling was entered into the following challenge:
Crafty Cardmakers : Challenge #53 Anything Goes.

Love Linda xxx

5 comments:

  1. that's really a great idea. Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers this week.
    have a nice day
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so gorgeous cards:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. I love scraplings but never thought of making them into bags, brilliant idea! Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab little gift idea!

    Thanks for joining in with our relaunch challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. While just reading this to, i decided to make 1 using scrap..omg i actually made 1 & it's so easy so thanks for sharing this tut with us :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda