My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Did You Miss Me?

I know I missed all of you while I was away and my Blue Summer House and yes I know I am very sad but I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't make a card for a while.  I have been on holiday with my family we went to Lagos in Portugal for a weeks sunshine.  Here are some photos of my husband and children taken while we where on holiday.


Jenny and Mike.

Jenny and Peter.

Now onto business.  I don't know where to begin so I'll just get straight to the point Katie and Colette from Nutcrafters are relaunching their  Nutcrafters Challenge Blog and have asked me to join their design team as the DT Coordinator how fabulous is that I am so excited as you know I love their designs they are so beautifully drawn and easy to colour in, and I love the fact there is always a stamp or image to use for the current season.

Here is some exciting news for anyone else who would love to be a DT member for Nutcrafters.  We are looking for 2 more new members to join us on the design team simply go to the Nutcrafters Challenge Blog where you will find all the details.

Coming soon New Nutcrafters Autumn Stamps these will be available from 1st September.  I have to say the images are just perfect for autumn.  Here is a sneak preview of one of them.
Card Recipe
Card Blank - 14.5cm x 14.5cm.
Nutcrafters Stamp - Singing in the Rain due to be released 1st September.
Papermania Inspirations Design Paper - Cool Tones.
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die - Reverse Wonky Rectangles.
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Spots and Dots.
Embellishments from own stash.
This image was coloured in using Copic markers.
Hints and Tips
I chose the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder because it looks like raindrops in puddles.  Glossy Accents where added to the splashes to give them a wet look.

This card was entered into the following challenge:
Cards For Men: Challenge 17 Anything Goes.

There will be more sneak previews of the Autumn Stamps over the next few days. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. What a nice family you have! Happy you had a good time in Portugal.
    Congrats on your new position! Your card is so lovely! Hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing your image is adorable and love the rain drops they look so real and like you say the cuttlebug spots&dots embossed folder is amazing too l like to use this a lot truely a lovely card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely holiday Linda, great pics of the family. Lovely card too, great image and lovely colours. Hugs, Claire c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, so glad you had a lovely holiday - your family look well and relaxed! Congrats on your new role!!! Fab image and card. I'm going to pop over there now for a browse. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos hunni & glad you had a fabby holiday too...Congrats on your new role & looking forward to working with you too :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Linda. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Anything Goes challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute.. i know what you mean about missing the crafting
    thanks for joining us at cards for men
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda