My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Sunday, 15 May 2011

Pirate Dreams

I went to the Happy Stampers Northwest craft show in Port Sunlight yesterday I had a wonderful time and spent too much money as usual.  While I was there I met the lovely Colette and Katie the owners of Nutcrafters their stamps are so cute.  When I saw this cute Pirate Dreams stamp I knew I just had to make a card with it because it reminded me of my son a few years ago.  Here is the photographic evidence to prove it hope he doesn't look at my blog this week.
Isn't he adorable.

Card Recipe
Card Blank - 14.5cm x 14.5cm.
Nutcrafters on line store - Pirate Dreams Stamp, Sailing Boat Charm.
Doodlebug Designs Inc Papers - Summer Assortment.
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die - Wonky Rectangles.
Sizzix Sizzlit Die - P is for Pirate.
X-Cut Punch - Scallop.
Embellishments from own stash.
This image was coloured using Copic markers.
Hints and Tips
To make the pirate earring I just twisted a piece of wire and then pushed the end into the back of the image and taped it down (I wanted the pirate to have an earring to match the photo of my son).

This card was entered into the following challenge:
Moving Along With The Times: Challenge #98 Two B's (I have used boats and a boy).

Love Linda xxx

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute card and such a nice boy, Linda! Congrats, Miria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Great photo and your card is fantastic! Love the little charm. I was there yesterday too but was very good and didn't spend too much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Linda - just love the card and your son looks fabulous in his pirate gear.
    Thanks for joining in our 2B's challenge at MAWTT we are so pleased you have shared this with us.
    If you pop over to my own blog you could stand a chance of winning more prizes
    http://bumlebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com
    Click the give-away picture in the sidebar.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a pirate inspired few days lol.. so i just love your card
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our 2B's challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, WOW happy Pirate Boy you have there. Brilliant card too its super. Thanks for joining in on our B's Challenge on MAWTT,
    Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda