My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Little Mermaid

To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Little Mermaid Tilda, Seaweed.  Card stock: White hammered, blue, shiny blue, green, brown.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Tim Holtz Distress.  Colouring: Copic markers.  Dies: Cuttlebug Seahorse, Seaweed.  Sizzix Waves embossing folder.  Embellishments: Glitter.  Papermania shimmer dots.
Hints and Tips
If you don't have any glitter to match your project you can colour your own.  I use Deco Art Glamour Dust Crystal, I place it into a small bag and add mica pigments to the glitter and then shake the bag to mix the colour through the crystal glitter.

This card was entered into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations: Challenge 92 Fables and Fairy Tales.
C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Challenge 75 Dry Embossing.
Moving Along With the Times: Challenge 70 a sketch.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. WOW this is stunning, I love the colours you have used this week Thanks for taking part in MAWTT Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Linda this card is just gorgeous - I love the embossed coloured card which gives a great under the sea effect. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Linda, reminds me of warmer days. Thankyou for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
    Luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is devine - I love your mermaid and the lovely waves embossing. Thanks so much for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - love the colours and the embossing .. really looks like the ocean!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I just love this, its beautiful! Just love the glitter stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week! Good Luck! hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, the embossing is perfect for the mermaid. Thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge this week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card hun....love the image and beautiful embossed background :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card using Dry Embossing, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, the embossing is stunning with that image.

    Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T for our dry embossing challenge and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda