My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 28 September 2010

The Colours of Autumn

Firstly I'd like to say I had a brilliant weekend I went to Crafty's in Liverpool to watch the fabulous Lindsay Mason demonstrating.  Thanks to her I have now spent a fortune on Tim Holtz Distress Inks and I have dyed fingers.


Here are two of the backgrounds I have made with the distressing inks.  I also entered the raffle while I was in Crafty's and I won a Rotatrim with all the accessories worth £79.99.  I was very pleased to have won this because I had just wrecked my current trimmer trying to cut paper while it had wet glue on it that's what I get for being impatient.


To create this card I have used Stamps: Habico Autumn Leaves.  Kars Ollyfant Autumn.  Card stock: White hammered, green.  Papers: Cream mullberry.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy.  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade, Brushed Corduroy, Forest Moss.  Colourings: Copic markers.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Sakura gel pen glaze.  Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large.  Cuttlebug embossing folder Forest Branches.  Sizzix Sizzlits Leaves #2, #4. 


Hints and Tips
When using Distress Inks wear gloves to protect your hands from the ink. 

This card was entered into the following challenges:

Stamp Something Challenge:  Something with fall colours.
Cute Card Thursday:  Challenge 131 A Sketch by Leann.
Craftalicious Challenge:  Challenge #9 Harvest Festival/Autumn

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you create the most gorgeous background - and it looks so amazing on your card PLUS the colouring is fab!
    hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have created beautiful backgrounds. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are just great. i love them both but the one with the little boy is cute to boot. Great job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have created the background. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fabulous backgrounds you have created and such a beautiful card with this cute image! thanks for joining us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all of these cards are amazing. You have definately been working hard:-)
    Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the backgrounds :)cute card too
    Von

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda