My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Monday, 2 August 2010

Lets have a picnic

I have been lucky enough to be chosen as Guest Designer for the Die Cut Dreams Challenge. Challenge #59 Gingham.  The minute I hear the word gingham I think tablecloths and picnics.  I decided to use the gingham for the background and the main image.


To create this card I used Stamps: Kars Ollyfant Easter Time.  Card stock: White hammered, green.  Papers: DP Doodlebug Designs Inc. Easter assorted.  White spotty vellum, green, yellow.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Colourings: Copic markers Skin E000/E00/E11/R20.  Hair E35/YR23/Y23/E29/E25/E31.  Wood E29/E25/E53.  Blanket B23/B24.  Dress Y06/Y08.  Apple R24/R27.  Leaf and Grass G40/G82.  Papermania shimmer chalks.  Punches: Tonic Studio multi flower. X-Cut flowers.  L-Em.com stamen.  Woodware grass.  Embellishments: Brads.  Papermania adhesive stones.  The boy and girl where stamped using a masking technique, they where then paper pieced.



Hints and Tips
If you make a mistake when chalking the background behind your images you can just remove the chalk using an ordinary eraser.  To set the chalk spray with a cheap hair spray.




3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, really nice summery image too!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous Linda, love it and congrats on being picked as guest DT member on DCD.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda is is so sweet it looks like a spring has sprung picnic ...very cute you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda