My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Under the Christmas Tree

This card was created for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  Week 111 the challenge is It's Christmas in July.  I know a lot of people do not want to think about Christmas just yet but me I just love it, any excuse to get the glitter out.  I am also entering this card for the Diecut Dreams Christmas Club.  It is challenge #27 Sweet Christmas Wishes.  I wasn't quite sure if they meant sweet as in cake and candy or sweet as in cute. So I decided to go with cute.


To create this card I used Stamps: Penny Black Wishing.  Card stock: White hammered, green.  Papers: Doodlebug Designs Inc Christmas assortment.  Green.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Colouring: Copic markers Tree YG63/YG67/R24/R27/Y06/Y08/BV04/BV08.  Dog C01/C03/C05/R27/R29.  Snow BG01/BG000.  Sakura gel pen Stardust #744, Medium #50.  Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large.  Sizzix Sizzlit Christmas Tree with Ornament #2.  Punches: Martha Stewart Pine branch.  Embellishments: Deco Art Glamour Dust Crystal.  Anita's Mini Dimensions Decorative Baubles.


Hints and Tips
If you want your shading to stand out more when colouring with the Copics add the darkest colour to the edge and don't blend it. 

6 comments:

  1. Great card :o) loving the little doggy soooo cute!! and your pine branch looks fantastic thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card linda...love your pine branch border...thanks for joining in the christmas fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little dog is so sweet! What a lovely Christmas card - and there can never be too much glitter on a Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda-I love what you've created! That mantle of greens is TDF! Thanks for playing at DCD's Xmas Challenge this week! hugs, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, cute card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    thats a really cute card.
    Thanks for joining in at PBSC this week.
    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda