My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Surf's Up

Well I started the day with good news I have been been chosen as one of the top 3 picks at Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog . I created this card for the Sir Stampalot Challenge Lazy Hazy Days of Summer and the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog Week 62  Special Monthly challenge Criss-Cross card.


To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Surf Edwin, Surfboard, Beach fence, Tussock.  Cardstock: White hammered, teal, orange.  Papers: DP papers from own stash.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Bamboo Leaves.  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stormy Sky.  Colourings: Copic markers Skin E000/E00/E11/R20.  Hair E29/E25/E31.  Surfboards BG72/BG75/BG10/B21/B23/B24.  Fence C1/C3.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Dies: Sizzix embossing folder Summer Fun.  Provo Craft Cuttlebug die star fish.  Cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss Dots.  Embellishments: Deco Art Glamour Dust Crystal.


Hints and Tips
To make the embossed waves stand out, I used Co-ordinations card and sanded it down then I added some glitter to the edge of the waves. 

9 comments:

  1. Hello Linda

    What a really great scene you have created with Edwin, can imagine it's one of my sons who surfs whenever he gets the chance.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Brilliant card! You have created a great scene and I adore the starfish!
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card!
    love the embossing!


    hugs from holland,
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WEE!
    This I love, its so special.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girl I love this, just been splashed by those gorgeous waves lol. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous card! It's so full of activity! Poor Edwin is going to be soaked in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous surfer dude! Looks very summery. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours and wonderful details on this card,
    thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot challenge and good luck!.
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s Challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda