My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Rose Garden

I've been very busy this week.  It was my daughters birthday and we had a party in the house for her. The theme was Alice in Wonderland she was Alice, my husband and son where Mad Hatters and I was the White rabbit.  All her friends and relatives also came dressed up as all the various other characters.  I had to make a lot of cakes as we decided to go with the Mad Hatters tea party as a theme for the party food, so some of the drinks had drink me labels on them and some of the cakes had eat me on them.



Now on to this weeks challenge.  This card was created for Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.  It is Week 65 Vintage, to be honest I am not a lover of vintage because I don't always know what to do.  So I chose some DP papers that where quite muted in their colours.



To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Strawberry Tilda.  Card stock: White hammered, green.  Papers: DP Papermania Rose Garden, green.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Colouring: Copic markers Skin E000/E00/E11/R20.  Hair E29/E25/E31.  Socks C1.  Blouse C00.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Punches: Fiskars border punch.  Embellishments: Green ribbon, wirework butterfly.  Papermania Adhesive Stones.



Hints and Tips
When trimming around the Tilda image I kept some parts of the flower attached to the main image to keep it stiff to make it easier to mount onto the card. 



3 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty! Love all the fabulous detail and sweet image. The papers are gorgeous too. Thanks for joining JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again next week. :)

    Fun pictures too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous lot of work that must have been preparing for her party. Love the outfits in the pictures. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda