My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Friday, 18 June 2010

Strawberries and Chocolate

This card was created for DieCut Dreams Challenge.  This weeks challenge is #53 Strawberry & Chocolate Colour Combo.  I thought my Magnolia Strawberry Tilda would fit the bill perfectly.  The problem with this weeks challenge is the title, it keeps putting images of chocolate and strawberries in my head and it doesn't help that the DP is called Chocolate truffle yummy. 


To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Strawberry Tilda, Swirl, Pair of Strawberries.  Cardstock: White hammered, green, brown, red.  Papers: DP Doodlebug Designs Inc Chocolate Truffle.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Angel Pink.  Colourings: Copic markers Skin E000/E00/E11/R20.  Hair E25/E49/E53/E59.  Strawberry stalk G99.  Flower R00/R20.  Strawberries R29/R22/R24/G40/G82.  Sakura gel pens Glaze 800, Stardust 700.  Dies: Sizzix Extended Cuts Swirly.  Punches: Fiskars flower.  L-Em.com stamen.  Woodward flower, leaf.  Embellishments: Papermania adhesive shimmer dots. 


Hints and Tips
Try to bring some of the design on the DP paper onto your image.  For this card I have copied the swirls on the DP paper by using a die cut swirl and also by stamping swirls around Tilda.

I'm off for some chocolate and strawberries now, hope the next challenge isn't food inspired.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    Karen & DCD team.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Linda this is gorgeous, love the strawberry vine up the side of the card and the beautiful flower too

    Thanks so much for joining in at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria and the DCD gang
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thats why you made it into our Top 3 this week !!! congrats darling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda