My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Monday, 24 May 2010

Sunshine and Sandcastles

Hi hope you all had a wonderful sunny weekend.  All this sunshine inspired me to make lovely summer cards hope you like them.  This card was created for Just Magnolia Challenge.  Week 56 Jane's sketch. 


To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Swimsuit, Sandcastle.  Cardstock: White hammered, blue, red, beige.  Papers: DP Doodlebug Designs Inc. 4th July.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Summer Sky, Bahama Blue.  Colouring: Copic markers E000, E00, E11, R20, YR23, Y23, E35, E31.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Sakura gel pens Stardust #700, #738, Glaze #800.  Papermania blue shimmer chalk.  Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals Large.  Sizzix Textured Impressions Summer Fun.  Embellishments: Papermania adhesive gems, brads.  Hot off the Press Fold it Ribbon Swirls template.


Hints and Tips
To make the windmill I used Hot off the Press Ribbon Swirls template.  I used paper to match the background and coloured the white side with Memento ink.  I assembled the swirl and attached it to a cocktail stick.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously that is soooooo cute with the pinwheel! I LOVE that idea!!!! It goes perfectly with a summery theme! Your Tilda is pretty darling also!
    Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful summer card!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda