My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Singing Al

This is my second posting today.  This card was created for Allsorts Challenge Blog.  Week 52 Birthdays. I thought I should make a birthday card for a boy because it is so much easier making cards for girls.  I used a lovely stamp by Nutshells called Singing Al, it reminds me of my son Michael so I coloured it in, in colours similar to what Michael wears.


To create this card I used Stamps: Nutshells Singing Al.  Inkadinkado Rockstar.  Anita's Happy Birthday.  Cardstock: White hammered, brown.  Papers: DP Dovecraft Masculine, orange, gold.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Versamark Watermark.  Colouring: Copic markers E000, E00, E11, R20, E25, E29.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Sakura gel pen Stardust #700.  Dies: Ellison Thin Cuts Guitar.  Punches: Martha Stewart Gothic Arch. 


Hints and Tips
To make the microphone in his hand shiney I coloured it grey then added a layer of Sakura Stardust clear gel pen and waterbrushed over it.  This Sakura Stardust clear gel pen has many uses it is also good for adding glitter to fairies wings.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda

    What a fabulous card, especially for a teenager.

    Thanks for joining in our Birthday fun at Allsorts and good luck with the draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your blog on A spoon full of sugar, i must say your cards are really nice! This one is great! Love the colours!

    Just wondering as you live in Liverpool, did you go to Port Sunlight recently? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, a fab card. Great colours
    Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week & good luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tip! I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts birthday celebration and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda