My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Sunday, 16 May 2010

On the Beach

Hello hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  This card was created for the One Stop Craft Challenge.  Challenge 80 Summer Breeze.  I was quite pleased with this challenge as I had just purchased this Penny Black stamp at the Happy Stampers Northwest May Festival, so it was a good excuse to use it.


To create this card I used Stamps: Penny Black On the Beach.  Cardstock: White hammered, green, brown, teal.  Papers: DP Doodlebug Designs Inc. Summer assortment, pink, green.  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Cottage Ivy.  Colouring: Copic  markers C3, C5, R20.  Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Papermania blue shimmer chalk.  Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Deckled Rectangles.  Sizzix Sizzlits Hibiscus flower, Hawaiian leaf.  Sizzix Large Original Palm tree.  Cuttlebug embossing folder Spiders web.  Embellishments:  Deco Art Glamour dust crystal. 




Hints and Tips
The trunk on the palm tree was given extra dimension by embossing it using the Cuttlebug embossing folder Spiders web.  I then rubbed Memento Rich Cocoa ink over the embossing.

2 comments:

  1. You've created such a beautiful Summer Breeze card!
    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week! :)
    Hugs Itzuvit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely summer card, must be a cat thing thats what I used (maybe it's as they don't like water)haha, good luck. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda