My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Friday, 28 May 2010

Here Comes Santa Claus

This card was created for Winter Wonderland Christmas Sweeties! and Secret Crafter No Patterned Paper.  My first thought for Christmas Sweeties was actually Halloween Candy , the trick was to make a sweetie card with no patterned paper.  Then I remembered I had  a Sizzix Decorative Strip Candy die which I knew would be ideal for both challenges. 



To create this card I used Stamps: Magnolia Santa Hug.  Vap Scrap Candy Cane.  Cardstock: White hammered, white glitter, red glitter.  Papers: Red paper.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Colouring: Copic markers Skin E000/E00/E11,R20.  Beard C1.  Clothes and Background R24/R29.  Boots E25/E35.  Sakura gel pen Stardust 744, medium 50.  Dies: Sizzix Decorative Strip Candy.  Punch: Martha Stewart Scallop Dot.



Hints and Tips
If you don't have a DP to match your project stamp your own.  Smaller stamps tend to make the best background patterns.

4 comments:

  1. You're such a regular challenger Linda and this Santa is super. Thanks for playing along again at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back next Friday. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Linda love Santa on his candy cane back ground. Thanks for joining us again this week at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again next challenge
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda what a great Christmas card! Love the sweets! Thanks for joining in the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Linda! Santa is adorable and I love the candy cane colours and decorative candy die cuts! So cute! Great to have you join us again at WW!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda