My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Monday, 17 May 2010

Christmas Bear Fun

Hi hope you have all had a lovely Monday.  This card was created for Susie & Vikki's Christmas Club. Challenge #17 Christmas Stitching.  I was trying to think of a way to incorporate stitching with out just adding it to the edge. My Christmas Bear Fun stamp gave me a good idea, where the bears are holding the length of tinsel I thought it would be a good idea to stitch that.


To create this card I used Stamps: Stamp It Christmas Bear Fun.  Cardstock: White hammered card, green, red glittered.  Papers: DP Karen Foster String of Lights.  Green.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black.  Colouring: Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Sakura Glaze pens #800, #822, #830.  Dies: Sizzix Originals small Holly & Berries.  Cuttlebug embossing folder Divine Swirls.  Embellishments: Gold fibers, gold thread.


Hints and Tips
If you want to add a glossy accent to your card but don't want to wait for it to dry, try using Sakura clear glaze pen #800 it dries in a fraction of the time of Glossy Accents.  If you want to add more interest to your die cuts emboss them after cutting them it adds another dimension to them.

4 comments:

  1. Very Good idea. Such an adorable card too! Love the gold fibers sticking out from behind the bears! Yay. Thanks for joining in at Susie & Vikki's Christmas Club Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! It makes me smile. I like how the gold threads echo the fuzzy tinsel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tinsel, totally creative, great job! thanks for joining Susie and Vikki's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! Thanks for posting my candy, becoming a follower and for playing at Susie and Vicki's this week! Good luck! Hug, Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda