My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Friday, 23 April 2010

Winter Wonderland Challenge "Open Theme"


I am so excited I have been chosen as Winter Wonderland's Designer in the Spotlight.  The theme this week is "Open Theme", so you can make anything as long as it is a Christmas Card.  As I write this my hands are lovely shades of green and blue, as I was playing with my Cosmic Shimmer mists and I seem to have dyed my hands.

To create this card I used Stamps: Penny Black The wonder, Studio G snowflakes.  Papers/Cardstock: White hammered card, Green card, teal paper.  Dies: Sizzix Sizzlits snowflakes 5,6,7,8.  Punches: Woodware snowflakes various sizes.  Colouring: Memento Black Tuxedo ink, Stazon Jet Black ink, Copic markers, Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, Sakura stardust pens, Cosmic Shimmer mists Peacock green, Meadow lush, clear pigment ink, Versamark watermark ink.  Embellishments: Ribbon, brads, Stampendous stamp n bond, Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder Lapis Sapphire, teal glitter, frosted shrink plastic, jump ring.



The background was created using Cosmic Shimmer mists.  I then stamped snowflakes on using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.  The tiny hedgehog embellishement was made using Frosted shrink plastic which I attached to the card using a jump ring.  I made matching brads for the card using a plain brad coated in clear embossing ink, then stamp n bond, then teal glitter.

This card was created for the Winter Wonderland Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning card Linda! Congrats on making the 'Designer in the Spotlight' - you sure deserve it!! I love the mix of colours and sparkle on your card and of course the hedgie is adorable!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya
    What a fantastic first Designer in the spotlight card, fitting in perfectly with our relaunch. Your work is beautiful and we are pleased to present such talented work
    love the shrink plastic TFS
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, it was lovely to see you as our first designer in the spotlight. Your card is stunning!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda