My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Sir Stampalot Challenge April Fantasy

I decided to go with fairies at the bottom of the garden, I've always liked that idea.

To create this card I used Stamps: Woodware Fairy Tots, Magnolia grass tussock, Lavinia Cherry blossom tree.  Inks: Memento Tuxedo black, Summer sky, Pear tart, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo leaves.  Colouring: Copic markers, Sakura gel pens.  Cardstock/Paper: White hammered card, green card and paper, blue paper, pink paper, Doodlebug Designs Inc. Spring assortment.  Punches: X-Cut flower.  Dies: Sizzix Extended cuts grass. 

The background was stamped and coloured in using a mixture of Copic markers and Memento dye ink.  The Fairies were paper pieced and coloured in using Copic markers.  I decided to make this card an easel card so I could have fun creating a scene with the fairies, but I do find it hard to take a photograph of an easel card I can never seem to get the whole of the card in.

This card was created for the Sir Stampalot Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Linda

    This is just adorable, beautifully worked.

    I thought we all had fairies at the bottom of the garden ?

    Totoally agree on the problem taking pictures of easel cards, there never seems to be a good way to show them, but they are a shape I really like.

    Thank you for joining in at Stamalot tihs month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yeah Linda this is perfect I love that scene of fairies at the bottom of the garden and it works great on an easel card the little image are fabulous and I love the grass effect beautiful work thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    This is adorable. Your fairies at the bottom of the garden are so cute. I love the spray of flowers at the front too.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sir Stampalot challenge.
    Clare x
    PS, your blue shed is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute, love the little scene you have created, gorgeous colouring. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully cute! I love the toadstool houses at the back. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A magical creation, Thanks for joining the first Sir Stampalot challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, these guys are just wonderful. Love the toadstool background, well done.
    Thanks for taking part in the first Sir Stampalot Challenge.
    Good Luck

    - janicex

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda