My Blue Summer House

My Blue Summer House

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #67 - Recipe

This weeks challenge is a recipe 2 papers, 3 flowers and 1 ribbon.  To create this card I used House Mouse Hyper Mouse Muzzy stamp, Magnolia Two Tulips stamp, Color Box chalk inks, Copic markers, blue shimmer chalk, Papermania Honey & Hugs design paper, Woodware emboss flower punch, Nellie's Oval Multi frames, Sizzix Extended cuts grass die, Stampendous Stamp n Bond, clear pigment ink, pink flock, gold brads, pink organza ribbon, pink shimmer paper and spotty vellum.


The background behind the mouse was stamped using coloured chalk inks to make the background soft, die cut grass was added, which I coloured in using the same ink as the background.  The mouse was coloured in using Copic markers.

I though seeing as I was only allowed 3 flowers for this challenge and I love flowers I decided to make them big. The flowers where cut out of pink shimmer paper and vellum.  I made my own brads to match using plain gold brads which I coated in clear pigment ink, then stamp n bond which was then heated to make the glue sticky, then I coated the brad in pink flock.

This card was created for House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me you're quick of the mark Linda, I'd still be thinking about it. Gorgeous card, so pretty and such a fabulous image and background stamping. See what you mean about covering up your second patterned paper - why do we do these things??
    Thanks for playing along with us at HM.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, your card is so cute!!!

    Stop by on my blog when you get the chance, I have a House Mouse blog candy!!
    http://handmadebyvivi.blogspot.com

    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for spending time visiting my blog it does brighten up my day love Linda